A refreshing soup to help cool you off in summer… MELON GAZPACHO !!!
Hello everyone !
A few days ago we had a girls dinner at home, and each one had to bring something to eat. My cousin brought this delicious melon gazpacho soup. It was just what we needed on such a hot day and we really enjoy it.
In summer time I almost always have ready to drink a couple of bottles of the tomato gazpacho in the fridge. Now I have found a new favorite, melon gazpacho and my family loves it. Besides being delicious, both are a very healthy option before all these shakes and processed soft drinks that invade the supermarket.
It’s a perfect starter in summer !
I love serving it as an appetizer with Jamón Serrano ( Spanish serrano ham).
It’s cooling , refreshing and can be madre in advance. Very easy and quick to make, but it must be refrigerated at least 3-4 hours to let all the flavors blend before serving.
We only need good quality ingredients and adapt the quantities to your liking. The basis of this gazpacho Is cucumber and melon; the creaminess of the yogurt along with the extra virgin olive oil and sherry vinegar will make it taste gorgeous .
- 1/2 melón
- 1 large cucumber ( or 2 small)
- 1 small garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 Greek yoghurts
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp cream cheese (Philadelphia type), optional.
- Peel and decide the cucumber , melon and garlic .
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food procesor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours minimum
- Serve in small bowls or glasses and garnish with a skewer of melon with Serrano ham.
Serve it very cold and enjoy it !!!