Sunday is usually our relaxing day at home. No hurries… no stress… but sometimes I like to bake something quick and simple, like this delicious yogurt cake, and enjoy it with my family in these pleasant autumnn evenings .
After a long walk in the forest , it is nice to have this delicious sponge cake with a nice cuo of tea … although my children prefer to dip it in hot chocolate… Mmm Yummy!!!
I could not resist … I have to try it !
On our walk I have collected this leaves… I love Fall!!!
This cake it´s so easy to do and always a success!
We need a little yogurt pot for this recipe and we use the pot to measure the rest of the ingredients. I mean: 1 plain yogurt pot (125 gr, or 1/2 cup) +1 pot of mild olive oil +2 pots of sugar + 3 pots of flour + 3 eggs +grated zest of 1 lemon +2 tsp (16 gr) baking powder + 1 ts vainilla extract.
Although I prefer to give you the recipe in grams because I have reduced the amounts of some of the ingredients, like sugar and oil.
Raciones 8-10 servings
15 minTiempo de preparación
40 minTiempo de cocinado
55 minTiempo total
- 1 plain yogurt (125gr)
- 65 gr mild olive oil (or another vegetable oil)
- 3 eggs (M)
- 150 gr sugar
- 220 gr plain flour
- 16 gr baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 ts vainilla extract
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- Heat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and line a 20 cm (8-inch) spring form cake tin with parchment paper ( or grease and flour) and seat a side.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar ( for three minutes) until well blended and increase their volume.
- Add the lemon zest, vainilla extract, oil and yogurt, whisking for half a minute.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt ( all sifted) and stir just until well combined.
- Then pour the batter in to the tin and bake approx. 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes clean.