You are going to love this moist and buttery cake made with fresh plums. Super easy and incredibly delicious.
This delicious plum cake makes this teatime treat truly special.
I love the texture of the crumb and the plums add a juicy tang to this dense buttery cake. Serve it topped with whipped cream if you like, tastes amazing!
Such a wonderful dessert, I hope you make it !
- 200 gr butter (room temperature)
- 100 gr caster sugar
- 125 gr light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 250 gr flour
- 20 gr cornstarch (2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 75 gr sour cream or yogurt
- 800-900 gr prune plums
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven 180 C Grease and flour a 26 cm springform cake tin
- Cut the plums in half and pitted, then cut each half in two and mix with 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch and baking flour.
- In a separate bowl,beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy´
- Add the vanilla and the eggs one at a time and mix to combine.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with the sour cream, and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Pour batter into the springform tin and smooth out. Top with the plums and sprinkle with 1-2 tbsp sugar(optional)
- Bake for 55-60 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack