If you like carrot cake then you’re going to love these delightful little carrot cakes loaves. They’re the perfect sweet treat for any occasion, and what a lovely way to surprise our loved ones over the Easter holidays.
Easter Sunday is always a day we celebrate with friends and family. And if the good weather joins us, we usually enjoy the garden terrace once again. I’m already thinking about the menu I’m going to prepare, and Im so excited about setting the table beautifully for the occasion. This year I’ve bought a couple of charming little things to decorate it. If you give me the time I’ll be more than happy to show you.
These little cakes are a wonderful way to sweeten your celebrations. Each one contains grated carrot, walnuts, little chunks of pineapple, cinnamon and you can add a pinch of ginger if you’re a fan of the spice. To top them off we cover them in cream cheese and fresh cream to make them irresistible. We can then decorate them with some ground walnut and marzipan carrots. The little baked goods will come out lovely and moist with a beautiful sweetness that’ll combine perfectly with the e spices.
Don’t you think they are adorable?
I love the size of these mini loaves cakes. Served individually, they’re perfect for when friends are over.
If you don’t have these mini loaf moulds you can use cupcake ones.
The important thing is to have have fun and enjoy baking!
Happy Easter friends!
- 100 gr baking flour
- 40 gr whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground ginger (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 75 gr caster sugar
- 75 gr brown sugar
- 100 gr sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 170 gr grated carrots
- 50 gr chopped walnuts
- 2 slices of pineapple very small chopped
- CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 150 gr cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 30 gr butter (at room temperature)
- 75 gr icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150 gr wiping cream
- Preheat oven to 170ºC and grease 8 mini loaf pans.
- Add in a bowl flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger . Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with white and brown sugar until pail and fluffy . Add in vanilla and oil from one side of the bowl and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, mix until just incorporated. Add in the carrots, pineapple , walnuts and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Spoon into mini loaf pans about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling rack .
- Once cooled top them with the frosting
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add vanilla and icing sugar and mix until completely combined. Slowly add the whipped cream mixing until smooth and creamy.
I use caned pineapple slices The 8 mini loaves tins I bought from “ KitchenCraft mini loaf tins” You can make cupcakes or a cake instead of making mini loaves. Watch your baking time as it will vary.