Here I am again with a new recipe that you will love!… whenever I prepare it, it is a success !
I’m a big fan of home made cheesecakes. I love trying new recipes , and I can assure you that my favorite cheesecake recipe-book is growing more and more… So delicious all of them !… But this is one of my favorites when the strawberry season arrives. If you try it , you will understand why.
In general, cheesecake is a dessert with many advantages, and the biggest one is that they are liked by almost everyone. They are very easy to prepare, we can do it in advance and some of them do not even need to be baked. Another facility when it comes to preparing them is the amount of versions that exist, with a variety of different flavors and aesthetics in each one of them.
We use two different types of biscuits
To prepare the base of this cake we use two different types of biscuits. The digestive type and the Amarettini, This biscuit choice really gives it that special touch.
The cheese cream for the filling has a little white chocolate in it. That is the reason why I have not had to add much sugar as the white chocolate already sweetens the cream.
Before serving, I like to decorate the cake with strawberries and some melted white chocolate. A perfect combination of flavors that make it exquisite.
Adding strawberries makes it a perfect dessert !
- FOR THE CRUST
- 150 gr digestive biscuits crumbs
- 50 gr amarettini biscuit crumbs
- 75 gr butter, melted
- FOR THE FILLING
- 100 gr white chocolate
- 150 gr whipping cream
- 200 gr cream cheese (Philadelphia )
- 100 gr Quark
- 20 gr sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 eggs (M)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 700 gr strawberries
- 50 gr white chocolate
- In a medium bowl , mix the butter and biscuit crumbs until blended.Press the mixture firmly and evenly over the bottom of a greased 24 cm spring form pan , letting some come a little way up the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 170º
- FOR THE FILLING , melt the white chocolate together with cream in a heatproof bowl over a small pan of hot water on a low heat. Stir until smooth and remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, quark and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla , lemon zest and juice, and cornstarch ; beat on low speed just until combined.Stir in white chocolate cream. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Once is done, turn the oven off and allow cheesecake to sit in the oven for 10 minutes . After, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely .
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours ( I like to chill it overnight)
- Before serving, top with strawberries and drizzle with melted white chocolate.