Hello there !
Is there anyone home… or are you too bussy sunbathing ?
This August I’ve spent most of my time at home, staying cool, as it is just umbearably hot outside (here in Spain)… Every now and then I jump in the pool, despiste the fact that I do have some of the most beautiful beaches nearby….just way too many people for my liking though!
Well nevermind the heat, It was about time to turn the oven on again for this delicious PISTACHIO AND PEACH CAKE… and I’m telling you now that it was totally worth it!!!
I enjoyed trying out this cake, and it is probably my favourite way to eat fruit for dessert…haha..! The batter has ground pistachios in it and the peach on top makes it such a juicy cake, and to decorate we can add some whipped cream and crumble some pistachos over the cake. Another very good option is to serve this cake with vanilla ice cream…a heavenly combination!!!…a perfect dessert for he summer.
A heavenly combination!!!
You can’t ask for more…it is an easy, quick and delicious cake!
- 3-4 fresh peaches, sliced peeled
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 150 gr butter, at room temperature
- 100 gr sugar
- 3 eggs (M)
- 100 gr flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 gr finely ground pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 180º C
- Coat bottom and sides of 23cm round baking pan with butter. Sprinkle sugar evenly over the bottom and arrange the peaches in concentric circles over the sugar. Set the pan aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and ground pistachios and add to the creamed mixture, mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the peaches and spread evenly
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes and then turn upside down onto a cake dish