Hello Dear People
I have seen many recipes for chocolate cake out there, and often have tried recipes, simply to please friends who would frequently ask me to make it or just for my kid’s Birthday Parties. Even though I’m not the greatest fan of chocolate cake, I thought I would go on a search to find a recipe that would be able to convince me and change my mind. I have to admit this recipe has won my heart. It is so dense and tender, just how a chocolate cake should be, and if we cover it with a ganache to give it a good balance and to add a beautiful flavour, it is simply perfect.I am in love with this chocolate cake. By far one of the best chocolate cakes I’ve ever eaten before.
Searching and trying the new and the different, I’m definitely starting to have a successful repertoire between my friends, of recipes filled with chocolate, that doesn’t stop growing as is my love for chocolate itself.
I’m not sure if you guys share this thought with me but don’t you sometimes see a chocolate cake in a restaurant and say: Just NO! Then you try them and it might be too sweet and way too dry. Sometimes they simply use syrups as an attempt to make them juicier.
The oil and Buttermilk in this cake helps achieve that moist crumb,and the coffee will accentuate the chocolate flavor. It is also important to use a good quality natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
It might be the colour this cake has, you can see it is so dark and dense, reminds me of the american movies, where they take out the typical, dark chocolate cake from the fridge….And you are there, sat on the sofa, watching TV, with absolutely nothing sweet in the fridge!!!! Yes, I do notice those things.
If you like chocolate, you will fall in love !!!
- 3 eggs (M) room temperature
- 280 gr buttermilk
- 240 gr warm water
- 110 gr vegetable oil (like canola oil)
- 1 tbsp Instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240 gr flour
- 300 gr caster sugar
- 80 gr unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 200 gr chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 200 gr cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees.
- Butter and flour a 26cm springform pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa,baking powder and salt, sinfted and sugar.Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix the eggs, buttermilk, oil, coffee powder, water and vanilla until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients.
- By last, put the baking soda in a small bowl, mix it with the vinegar and add to the batter. The batter will be very thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- MAKE THE GANACHE
- Place chopped chocolate into a large bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it begins to boil, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. After one minute, stir slowly until the ganache is smooth.Pour over the cake.