An absolute temptation….it’s almost a shame to eat it.
This delicious sponge-cake with candied flowers which adds soft colours to the cake, brings that spring feeling and fills us with happiness.
Today i have a simple but luscious chocolate cake, and I say luscious not because of the chocolate, but because we are going to aromatise it with orange zest and a drizzle of orange licor.
I have also included the candied flowers as it is a gift for my beloved friend….who infact adores chocolate! It’s the first time that i do this with flowers…and yes…It can be fairly entertaining and we do have to prepare them beforehand as they need at least one day to dry out. But this will definately be the detail that turns the cake into a beautiful surprise full of love.
As a result, its is be a stunning present!!!
20 minTiempo de preparación
45 minTiempo de cocinado
1 hr, 5 Tiempo total
- 130 gr butter
- 100 gr sugar
- zest of an orange
- 2 Tbsp orange liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 egg yolks
- 150 gr dark chocolate
- 6 egg whites
- 100 gr sugar
- 100 gr flour
- 30 gr cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC .Butter a 20-23 cm spring-form cake tin and dust with flour.
- Beat together the sugar, butter and orange zest and liqueur, until fluffy.
- Then beat in the egg yolks one by one.
- fold in the melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks adding gradually 100 gr sugar.
- Fold this into the mixture.
- Mix the two types of flour and fold into the mixture, pour it into the tin and bake for around 45 minutes.
- Turn the cake out of the tin and cool on a cooling rack.