Hello everyone !
I don´t know about you but I love CHEESECAKE !
Over the years I´ve gathered tonnes of recipes. I now have a drawer overflowing with them, and I couldn´t tell you which one I like best, because all of them are good. So , I´ll start by giving you the latest cheesecake recipe I´ve tried.
I felt like preparing a strawberry cheesecake to take advantage of them being in season, although you could use whatever fruit you like. There are a multitude of different ways to make a cheesecake, with mascarpone, ricotta, etc, … and the truth is, they are all great.
This cake has a biscuit base and two kinds of fresh cheese, Quark and Philadelphia. To make the base I used wholegrain oats biscuit, which go really well in this cake, and lately I´ve really enjoyed using them. But you could perfectly choose any other biscuit of your choice.
It is very simple to prepare, but it needs to be prepared well in advance as the cake needs to rest in the fridge for hours before serving it. This will bring out all the flavour and give body to the cheesecake. I recommend preparing it the day before, so the next day you´ll have a delicious creamy tasting CHEESECAKE !
I believe there are few who could resist a delicious piece of CHEESECAKE !!!
Raciones 8STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
45 minTiempo de preparación
1 hrTiempo de cocinado
1 hr, 45 Tiempo total
- FOR THE CRUST
- 150 gr whole oatmeal cookies ( crushed )
- 50 gr butter (melted)
- pinch of salt
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 4OO gr cream cheese (softened)
- 250 gr Quark
- 150 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 gr créme fraiche
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 500 gr strawberries washed and chopped
- 3-4 tbsp strawberry or raspberry jam
- 2-3 tbsp orange or lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line the base of a 20 cm springform pan.
- Mixt the whole oatmeal cookies crumbs with melted butter and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer it into the springform pan and use the bottom of a glass to press it evenly into the bottom.
- Place the crust in the oven and bake around 10-15 minutes. Let the crust cool on a rack while you prepare the filling.
- But first reduce the temperature of the oven to 160º degrees C.
- Place the cream cheese,quark,sugar and cornstarch in a bowl and mix on medium-low speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the créme fraiche, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice and zest. Beat on medium-low speed until combined and creamy.
- Pour the batter over the cooled crust
- Bake the cheesecake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool the cheesecake in the oven. Turn off the oven, keep the door closed and let the cake cool for 30 minutes. Then open the oven a little and let the cake cool another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, run a knife around the edge of the cake and cool the cake completely on a rack.
- Chill the cheesecake for at least 5 hours in the refrigerator and up to overnight.
- Top the cheesecake just before serving.
- Warm some strawberry jam with a little orange juice to form a syrup.
- Top the cheesecake with the strawberries and pour the syrup over it.7.6.432https://isabelcakesit.com/en/strawberry-cheesecake/